All Rooftop students are encouraged to join the SFPL Summer Reading Program.
- Sign up at any branch or online starting June 1st
- Get a pile of books and READ, READ, READ!
- Keep track of your hours … Get PRIZES!
5th-8th Grades DOUBLE DIP – Books from your required summer reading list count for hours at SFPL!
3rd-8th Grades – Rooftop Reader DOUBLE DARE!
READ the California Young Reader Medal Nominees for 2012-2013
If you read the 3 books from the following list, you may submit an official vote in fall… (and other surprises)
Intermediate (grades 3-6)
- Eleven by Patricia Reilly Giff
- The Giant Slayer by Iain Lawrence
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
Middle School/Jr. High (grades 6-9)
- Invisible Lines by Mary Amato
- Wild Things by Clay Carmichael
- Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper