- Walk to school with a purpose – to promote health, safety, physical activity and concern for the environment.
- A global event held in early October that gives children, parents, teachers, administrators and community members an opportunity to work together to make their communities safer and more pleasant for walking.
- Lead a walking group of kids to school.
- Take transit, get off one or two stops early and walk.
- Park a few blocks away from school and walk.
- Volunteer to coordinate or help with your school’s Walk to School Day.
- To increase physical activity for students, families and staff.
- To improve personal and pedestrian safety near your school.
- To reduce automobile congestion during school drop off and pick up.
- To save on fuel costs.
- To help the environment.
For further information contact Marianne Szeto of Shape Up San Francisco at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional resources, updates, and helpful tips available at sfsaferoutes.org