Recently, Rooftop has had a flurry of pink eye cases (conjunctivitis). Please monitor your child’s eyes on a daily basis to make sure he/she has not contracted pink eye. If you notice any of the symptoms below, please make sure your child stays home so that it is not spread to other children.
Symptoms of pink eye include:
- Redness in the white of the eye or inner eyelid
- Increased amount of tears
- Thick yellow discharge that crusts over the eyelashes, especially after sleep
- Green or white discharge from the eye
- Itchy or burning eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
Again, if your child has any of these symptoms, please do not bring them to school. Pink eye is very contagious and we will have to send your child home. Thank you for your understanding.