I hope the start of your school year has been smooth. My name is Christina Perry, Programs Director at 826 Valencia. As you may know, our organization offers a wide range of free writing programming for youth (more on that here). Additionally, our Teacher of the Month program recognizes educators in SFUSD who are dedicated, innovative, and inspire their students to excel. The award includes a $1,500 stipend to acknowledge their tremendous contributions to the school community.
We need your help to identify and nominate outstanding educators at your site. Please pass this information along to your PTSA, other administrators, and staff who may be interested. See below for everything you need to know about the nomination process.
Winners must have at least four years of experience as a classroom teacher. Nomination packets are accepted on a rolling basis and must include:
- Materials from at least one student (former or current) and one adult.
- Letters of support, pictures, illustrations, or other materials that highlight specific examples of the teacher’s impact.
- A contact phone number and email address along with your nomination; we’d like to be able to discuss the nominee with you.
Awarded teachers will receive:
- The nomination packet you assemble
- A $1,500 award
- A certificate of appreciation
- A feature on our website
- An acknowledgment for their principal of their award
Nominations must be dropped off or mailed to:
ATTN: Christina Perry
Teacher of the Month Award
826 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94110