Dear Rooftop Community ~
I would like to introduce Miki Fujiwara as our new Clay Coordinator for Rooftop. Miki has been in the Rooftop Community for 2 years as an active art parent and has a 2nd grader currently at Rooftop. In addition Miki has been working with community organizations in the communities she lives providing art to children. We were very fortunate to have a very talented pool to choose from. All the applicants were all very qualified, making a decision very difficult.
Please give Miki our Rooftop welcome.
In addition, this summer we hired a new Learning Support Professional. Below is her letter to the community.
Hello Rooftop Families!
I am very excited to introduce myself as the new full-time Learning Support Professional/School Social Worker (LSP for short) at Rooftop! I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking with some of you already, but I wanted to give you some additional information about myself and my role here.
I love being an LSP because I get to spend my time here supporting students and families and helping to make Rooftop a safe and positive learning environment for every member of our diverse community!
Some of the things I do here:
- Providing support and resources to individual students and families who are coping with stress or challenges at school or in life.
- Facilitating some skill-building and community-building groups for our students.
- Meeting with parents and parent groups to help every Rooftop family be connected to Rooftop and their child’s education.
- Coordinating the Student Assistance Program and Student Success Team meetings at the Burnett Campus and helping our fabulous counselor, Ms. Hayes, coordinate them at the Mayeda Campus.
- Supporting our students, teachers, and staff in building positive school culture through programs like Safe School Ambassadors, Mentoring for Success!, and the Second Step curriculum.
Here are the top three things I love about Rooftop so far:
- The kindness that Rooftop students show to one another
- The rich diversity of experiences that Rooftop students, families, and staff bring to the school community.
- The dedication, energy, and teamwork of parents, teachers, and staff to make sure every Rooftop student can be successful in her or his learning and growth!
You can find me on the Burnett Campus on Monday mornings, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and at the Mayeda campus on Monday afternoons, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please stop me and say hi, leave a message for me at either campus, or email me at ClarkK@SFUSD.edu. I am here for YOU, so please let me know if you have questions or thoughts about how I can support you and your child at Rooftop! Thank you for welcoming me so warmly into this amazing school community—I am thrilled to be a part of it!
Looking forward to meeting you!