Thank you to everyone who has turned in a Meal Application. Our goal is to receive 100% of the applications by September 29th. Given the increasingly direct connection between qualified Meal Applications and the size of SFUSD’s budget, we really need your help getting Meal Applications from 100% of our families. September 29th is the deadline to submit Meal Applications to Student Nutrition Services (SNS) in person or through school mail.
- Families can apply online at https://schoolmealapp.sfusd.edu. The online application is available in English, Chinese, and Spanish. Paper applications are available at schools and at SNS.
- Every application gives us important information and funding, so we encourage every family to apply—even applications marked “Not interested” provide us with useful data.
- Federal, local, and private grant funding is based on the number of eligible meal applications we collect and the only way to collect every eligible application is to collect applications from every student.
- Federal Law requires families to fill out a new application every year. School funding is also determined each year based on current forms.
- Free and reduced price meals are available for all children regardless of their citizenship status. A Social Security Number is not required.